Saturday, April 29, 2006

Things that go bump in the night

Without being sexist or stereotypical, I believe it is fair to say that as a general rule: Women cannot read road-maps. From this, I may even go as far as saying that they cannot navigate all-together...
Well, maybe that's just me.

Apart from my childhood cats, I have never met anyone who had the ability to see in the dark. Despite the bucket loads of carrots I ate in the hope of un-locking this super power, it never did eventuate. I could however, navigate myself around my own house quite comfortably without running into door frames or poking my eye out with antiques - as I imagine most people could probably do themselves in the comfort of their own home.
More recently though, I have found this seemingly concrete ability is fading. No I have not relocated my furniture, moved house or smoked illegal substances - I just cannot for the life of me move around quietly without breaking anything. I shuffle about, arms flailing, eventually stumbling to my destination with loud clunks that echo throughout the silent house.

Why? I'm asking you - Am I slowly losing my mind as I am my taste buds?* Or is it normal to lose consciousness of your surroundings (even though they've remained unchanged for 18 years?)

*Update on the taste bud situation: I can no longer tell the difference between chocolate and caramel Paddle Pops.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! This is terrible, no taste!!

We'll just have to eat lots of paddlepops when you come down so that we can be really certain. Just like old times!

Anonymous said...

I can read road maps!! its true ask anyone, i am the best road map reader around!!