Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wet

It never rains, it pours.
Ironic, considering the weather has been wet for the past 2 days.
The start of my very long string of worries began last Wednesday when I, along with my Speech and Drama students had our exams through Trinity Guildhall. The difference being that the children were undergoing practical performance and theory exams, and I had my teaching exam. The syllabus required me to teach either an individual or a group via a pre-planned lesson for 30 minutes duration, and then have a viva voce (discussion) with the examiner for 15 minutes.
Well, at the conclusion of my lesson with A., I felt confident as I sat with the examiner to discuss various topics. My confidence was quickly diminished as this arrogant Scottish man felt the need to condescend my every comment until he felt the need to teach me, during an exam in which I was supposed to teach others.
I walked out feeling very self-conscious and then had to spend the remainder of the afternoon putting on a smiling face for the other children who had worked so hard and were confident after their exams. Gosh, it nearly killed me.
Wednesday night was spent with Mrs Borat studying for an exam the following Monday, and Thursday involved a trip to Uni, failing an assignment and going to work in an unbelievably bad mood that could not be justified to anyone as I feared an emotional breakdown.
Friday -
Study at Uni and basking in Mrs Borat's hangover.
Saturday -
Test-driving new vehicles but disappointment again as the car that I had formerly idolised turned out to be cumbersome to drive in the very least.
A visit to the Vigil Mass in an attempt to relieve my state of depression, then dinner with the delightful Poodles who has just returned from an archaeological dig in French Polynesia.
Sunday -
Another day at the office with an absolute creep for a manager. That is until home time when news was received of a double-fatal car accident in a fellow co-worker P. was involved. Thankfully she got out alive, but her friend in the backseat was not so lucky. Gosh did that hurt - I didn't even know the guy but it sends shivers down my spine.
One of the girls from work and I went to Emergency Department where P. still was but I felt completely useless - it's was that damn 'barbed wire snare'. My sentences were only short and uneventful for the fear of crying for all those involved, and because the lump in my throat wouldn't allow much else. We spoke with her brother who eventually choked out the graphic story, and explained that he was the first on the scene, as the accident occurred in the front of their house. Gosh did P. look a mess. It really cut me to see her so upset and the vacant look in her eyes haunted me for a good while after.
Returning home was hard because my family actually saw the accident only minutes after it happened, and my brother showed particular distress when he had seen the deceased motorbike rider on the road.
Study was completely off the agenda, despite my final Pathophysiology and Pharmacology 2 exam the following morning. My head hurt too much for more pain.
Monday -
Yes. Patho Phys exam.
Mrs Borat and I were late (oops) and rushed into the exam room minutes before it commenced.
Overall, the exam sucked and I have my fingers crossed for a pass.
The afternoon involved a what I believed to be insignificant visit to the doctor but has since caused me a lot of inner grief and worry. I should feel grateful that I have a really good doctor and she actually listens to what I have to say, but when she told me what she was looking for in the tests that she has ordered I had a silent freak out. I should be thankful that she's not treating me like a piece of meat and aiming her speech directly over my head but me being the worrier that I am; I'm stressed.
I then trekked off the do some delightful stock take during which I was inundated with stupid 15 year olds who didn't understand anything until it was explained about 10 times. Stress levels were very high in addition to my swirling thoughts on the afternoon's doctors visit.
Sleep was difficult but I eventually woke on Tuesday morning after a just plain cruel dream, in which my night mind was taunting me about this possible medical condition.
Tuesday -
Work.
Hours extended from 3 to 8.
Yay - money.
Stress levels elevated to maximum level with never-ending jobs, the dread of having to approach my manager over a work related issue, lack of preparation for exams and health concerns.
Positive of the day - small potential win on the Melbourne Cup. Don't know how to gamble so wouldn't have a clue.
Wednesday (today) -
Blood tests this morning and my God! I swear I have no blood left!
Appointment made for additional tests but due to waiting times will be forced to strew in a pit of my own worry for another 2 weeks.
Currently procrastinating by blogging and editing my Hotmail contacts.
Should probably study.
Probably.
Probably not.

No comments: