Thursday, November 15, 2007

Back Post

If Blogger was not being the world's greatest prat last night that would have made 2 posts in 2 days. I think that's a little sad - even for me. Does that not say something about my state of affairs? I am on holidays from uni, have finished my exams and need not return until February 2008... and my time is being consumed with pointless posts.
Last night I had yet another argument with my mother (which is becoming more routine than spontaneous) and found myself in my room with no-one to call and no music loud enough to cover the screaming inside my head. So naturally, Blogger was my point of call and even this personified website was unavailable.
A long since abandoned remedy of mine in instances such as this was poetry. So yes, I got my Sylvia Plath out and wrote a poem which literally took no more than five minutes to whack together (and before someone finally answered their phone).
So in tribute to last night's lack of effort here is my attempt:


The world spins,
the force of its rotation grinding
into the blades of my shoulders.
Every physicality increases its weight –
Every stone, tree, every man, woman and child.
I feel my body ache with the burden,
my head spin with the torment.
A break occurs below the knees,
silent tears flow –
I will not cry out.

As yet another son is born
another of my bones breaks.
Falling to my knees I plead to my God –
Take away the sins of the world.
Take me Father, and set me free.

No comments: