Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Desparate and Dateless - there is a reason...

So Little Miss Conservative skipped along to the Desperate and Dateless Ball... What she found was just not the hum of excitement and joy, but an element of disgust as she observed not just the horrid dress fashions of the 'Shiny Era', but an incredible amount of truly desperate and dateless-ians that, sadly, will continue to live that way til death do they part.

So as I ponder on last night's experience with fellow singletons, I pose the question - Are we single because we choose, or because others choose not?
I could not work out if the presence of these middle-agers was because they have a thing for younger partners or because they've exhausted their supply from their own age-group that they're now preying on the younger generation... I concluded that they were dateless for a reason - and that was after one glance!
As I watched the pathetic pick-up attempts from these forty-something desperates, I began to wonder if my presence was in fact, classing me as pathetic? I had not bought a ticket with the intention to collect a significant other, rather for the likes of the atmosphere and the Rogue Traders. Despite my intentions in the evening, clearly the males (yes - even the young ones) had no intention in any form of non-traditional date... The successful matching that I did see ended in a lot of face-mauling and groping.
I suppose that's what happens when you mix free alcohol with desperately alone people.

So Little Miss Conservative denied any form of contact with the boys and went home to her bed - alone.

No comments: