Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Bubble Girl

I feel invisible. Invisible to everyone but myself. People keep on talking, walking; whatever it is that they were doing when I arrived. My calls ring out, and my phone lays silent. My house is stagnant with the memories of last week when I made the mess that I must sit amongst.
Yet it is now that I am more aware of myself than ever before. Perhaps because there are no distractions or moments of peace that I can escape from this sinking feeling in. I feel as though I am living in a bubble. I struggle to push it through life whilst trying to co-ordinate my feet in time with its rotations. All the while the passers by side-step this cumbersome object slowing them down, and don't bother to acknowledge the dying soul inside. That's not just how I feel; that's just what I am.

No comments: