Friday, April 14, 2006

Walking in Anna's Shoes

Just now, in one of my frequent visits to my cousin's blog, I read about this Anna character. Now, Anna intrigued me so much, that I paid her blog a visit. After reading her most recent post, I was a little confused about where this lay in her whole scheme of things. As I am a hermit and have retired to my room for the evening, I scrolled to the very bottom and began reading up.
Anna drew me in as I read her very first blog: lines of Plath emerged and other poets not yet known to me... I read on... And am I ever so glad that I did.
Anna reveals the deepest of things that no one would ever dare admit. She speaks of broken hearts, formal dresses and tears (and things I do not expect many of you to understand), without ever cliche-ing a thing... Because this is the diary of a girl, fighting herself to find her place and no human being could ever call that a stereotype.
Anna joins me in the army of the confused. The difference? Her network of blogs has in-undated her with comments of praise, encouragement and honesty. Her frequent readers give her advice, dry her tears and force her to write again. Her blog is her soft place to fall; it is home.
Anna need not wonder who is reading, because they give her their two cents, no matter how direct or blunt... She has a family across the globe, and now, I have become a distant cousin.

Ultimately, what my experience in Anna's shoes has forced me to discover, is that my futile attempts at MySpace blogs is not only wasting my time, but degrading myself to consider sharing my inner most thoughts with people who won't even admit to reading them.

I'm sorry MySpace... I believe this will be my last blog -
a new family awaits.

No comments: